my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

We have chest ribbing

Yep, I'm 10 rows into the 3x3 ribbing section, 16 more to go. Then it's a few cable repeats to the shoulder shaping. I feel productive.

I'm surprised by the Elann Highland Wool. It's much softer than I thought it would. Yeah, I did buy a bunch last year to make a ribby, but it's still in the bag. I started fiddling with the gray stuff from yesterday to start to work out some boring tube-style boot socks for Hubby and thought the yarn would feel really scratchy after working with the Lambswool, but it wasn't at all. I'm thinking of using some of my cork for the toes. Green or orange? Hubby won't like either of the colors, but I figure the acrylic/microfiber/whatever content in the cork will help with wear. Not to mention give them a bit of oomph.

Not too much to talk about otherwise. Hubby's still upset about my lack of judgement on Friday, and I'm wondering when he'll get over it. (I know it's only been three days, but I'm seriously contrite.) Billy's still as cute as a button, winning over hearts everywhere we take him. Work is work and we're all gearing up for the possibility of more snow on Thursday. If only I could take a snow day Friday.

No comments: