my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, December 12, 2005

I drink like I buy yarn, and neither has anything to do with moderation

You know how I buy yarn like they're going to stop making it tomorrow? Well, that's how I drink. Let's just leave it at Hubby decided to not be around me all day on Saturday after the state I was in on Friday night (I can be a wee bit feisty under the influence). Fortunately, he's coming around and I am not going to be such an effin idiot again. Next work function, it's diet cokes all around!

Also, to be filed under I'm an effin idiot, I won a copy of the Cork Collection on eBay 12/3. Sent payment out on Monday. Got the envelope back on Saturday because I never put an address on it. I had to re-sign up with PayPal to get payment off so my honor is not besmirched. Fortunately, seller is a good person. However, unsullied my eBay reputation may be, I am closing my account once I leave feedback on these last two things.

I did get the Christmas tree decorated while exiled at home on Saturday. It's not completely inundated with ornaments like usual. But I think it's sweet the way it is. If anyone doesn't like it, they can haul themselves up and down the step stool before I pack everything away. I want my living room back from these darn storage boxes!

Billy particularly likes that there are aaaah-pples (some really cute ornaments we got from Hubby's grandmother) on the tree now. I can't wait until he tries to eat one. (Just kidding. He wouldn't know to bite into one. His apples are always cut up or sauced.)

As for knitting, I did as much as I possibly could yesterday. I knit while Billy napped. I knit while he played after his nap. I knit after he went to bed. I'm nearly done the first, large section of cables. (10 repeats down) In 9 rows, I start the 3x3 rib that should cruise. Almost 2/3 done. I will have this thing blocking by the end of the week and Billy's cast on!

Kim tagged me for a meme.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

Tourniquet, by Evanescence
Cold Hard Bitch, by JET
Friday I'm in Love, by the Cure
Crush with Eyeliner, by REM
Graceland, by Paul Simon
Walk the Line, by Johnny Cash
Christmas music on 106.7 FM (always on in the car and at home)

I tag Lolly, Labmom, and Yarngirl and anyone else who listens to music (I know that will narrow it down).

No comments: