my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

awfully quiet in the office

After the last few weeks before Christmas, it's so quiet in here I don't know what to do with myself. I'm surfing around looking at yarn and it's all I can do to keep the credit card in the wallet. I think I need to get started on some paperwork (accounting stuff and staff reviews) I'd been putting off in order to focus on publishing issues. (Not to mention getting this place organized.)

As Hubby and I were watching Rutgers play in their first footbal bowl game in 25+ years last night, I was knitting around and around on Dad's hat. I mentioned to Hubby that I wanted to felt the hat tonight so it will be dry for gifting on Friday. Hubby said, you'll have that finished tomorrow? So, I of course, had to stay up to get it finished last night. Please pardon the gangsta look. Dad's head is smaller than mine. I am worried about how this is going to look after it's felted, but I decided to have faith in Bonne Marie's pattern. Considering Dad was wearing the bucket I made for Billy and it nearly fit, I might be okay here. We shall see.

I got the guest room cleaned out last night. Someday, I need to go through my clothes and organize my closet (and that also necessitates the stash re-org I've mentioned before). My parents now have a place to sleep. Tonight, it's laundry and the bathroom. Tomorrow, I dust and mop and vacuum. Fun, fun, fun. It's a shame company is the only thing that compells me to clean my house. I'm going to get spoiled next month. M-i-L's already suggested we give her a list of chores to do while she's babysitting.

In other news, I've brought Billy's sleeves in to work on. Well, I should say sleeve since only one has been started. I'm not really sure if I like the looks of the gray stripe, or even if it's necessary, only time will tell.

No comments: