my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

conspicuous consumption

I must say that the people in my life are very generous, and I have another Christmas gift-fest to go!

As usual, the in-laws over did the holiday. I don't know where we're going to put everything. I've got half a new wardrobe, hubby did, too. Plus he got new shoes and underwear (two things he truly loves to get for Christmas because he hates shopping for them). Billy made out well. Not too many big things from Grammy and Pa (that's what he calls the man), but some puzzles and books, and an art easel.

We over did it, too. But, he loves his block wagon. Hubby liked his Knicks coat and polo shirt I got him. He said I didn't have to wrap the unfinished sweaters, but gave me a strict deadline of Robbie Burns day. He'd like to wear matching sweaters at Argyle for the celebration.

Hubby got me the complete Buffy on DVD and a beautiful pair of earrings. He upgraded a pair I had lost earlier this year.

So, yeah, didn't finish the sweaters. I spent Friday night trying to get the neckline right on Billy's. Four tries later and it's done, but open on one side to make sure it fits over his head. I started a sleeve. I'm not sure how I feel about them. I've not touched them since Saturday.

Instead, I spent hours last night casting on four times for this. It's my dad's birthday bucket. I hope to be able to felt it tomorrow night. And then hope that it dries by Friday night.

In the get the house ready we've got the whole family visiting rush, I've got one guest room cleaned out. Finally got the old computer boxed up for recycling and cleared out all the old cardboard boxes. Wow. I forget how much space we have in our office. Thankfully, Billy took a three-hour nap yesterday and let me get it finished. Tonight, I tackle the other guest room. Wednesday, I clean the bathrooms and Thursday I dust the main floor and do the floors. Whew.

No comments: