my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Looking out my window

My office building is in SoHo. My office windows face North. When I look out over my shoulder, I have a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. This morning, I couldn't believe that I was here. Me, little ole hick from NW Vermont, first Bachelor's degree in the family (with grandfathers who didn't go to high school, much less graduate), one generation from cow manure between the toes, sits in a Manhattan office everyday. It boggles the mind. Especially considering I am not one of those ambitious, first-borns who is driven to succeed at everything. I have perfectionist tendencies, but my life is not about getting ahead. The great sadness in my ordinary day is that NY/NJ is 6 hours from where I grew up.

No comments: