my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Back completed

What an exciting title. I did finish the back. This morning as opposed to last night which was the plan. However, Billy came down with pink eye and his ear infection re-appeared. I had to leave work at 11:30 and take him to the doctor, then the pharmacy to get his scripts filled. Then we had to have dinner and a bath and early bedtime (he was fussy after not napping much all day). Finally, when it was mommy time, I had to clean up because m-i-l is babysitting him today (can't go back to daycare until tomorrow) so I can be here at work. Then Molly was a brat and I didn't have as much knitting time as I wanted.

I have cast on for the front and hope it takes me about as much time to finish it as the back (if not less). Then it's off to sleeves and the collar. Hope I can do it all in two weeks and a day.

(I also need to seam Air and knit up to pocket flaps, but hey what's that going to take?)

The baby silk is no longer a temptation. Elann sold the last of it. I'm a bit bummed, but I remembered that I have some lovely fingering weight cotton in the stash that I can use to make the crochet sweater from Rowan 33.

It's freezing here today. I wish I'd taken the time to find my hat and scarf. I did find my mittens. I have yarn in the stash to make myself a new hat and scarf. I may get around to it in August.

I have big thoughts for next year. Besides the fact that I owe the hubby, the son and a sister knit items (socks and two sweaters) and I want to knit something for myself (Salsa Splash anyone), I was thinking that I'd like to knit sweaters for grandparents. Yep. I'm downright crazy! Ooh, maybe Dave's Grandma Triner would like the crocheted sweater. Have to see how she feels about lilac. (If she doesn't like it I bet my Meme would!)

Well, I've got a meeting.

I think I may come back later to post about The Amazing Race. I've got some thoughts.

No comments: