my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, December 27, 2004

Chemo cap for Tom

Tom was one of the first sales reps I ever dealt with when starting out in this field. Today, his firm is one of our top compositors. Over the years we've had a number of lunches together and I've gotten to know him as a person. He even barbecued for us when we visited his company two years ago. Tom's a great guy; he reminds me a lot of my father, being about his age with a similar background. He's been diagnosed with lung cancer and has started chemo. He called me last week to follow-up on a few things and to wish me a Merry Christmas. He mentioned that he had his wife shave his head because he'd been losing his hair. Now, he's in need of a chemo cap. I know he's got hats and I imagine he's received quite a few for Christmas, but I want to knit him one anyway. I'd like to whip one out after I finish Zipo and before he comes up to the city again.

No comments: