my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Well Hello Barry

This Barry, that is. Hubby says the front lawn needed the watering and the cars need the rinse off (the Ion's looking more green than silver lately). I said I needed the pollen washed out of the air. Hopefully, tomorrow's morning commute won't be a washout.

Potty training this weekend was a washout. He just isn't ready. Twice this morning, I had him on the potty with no action and 5-10 minutes later, he'd peed through his clothes. (I'm kind of glad he hasn't had a bm since Friday.) So, he's back in pull-ups for the forseeable future. He's pretty bummed about it. He really liked his big boy underwear. Me, I'm kind of relieved. The last 36 hours have been way too stressful and I'll admit I was not handling it well. We've got another attempt planned for a couple of weeks from now. I'll be following the potty party plan as outlined in this book. Hopefully, he'll be more amenable. He did ask to sit on the potty after peeing in his pullup a few minutes ago.

I spent nap time today starting a new tote bag. I'm tyring to copy a gucci knockoff a friend at work had. So far, it's going okay. I've got the outside sewn together. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to do the handles, but I still need to put the lining together and attach the interfacing to the lining. Pictures will come when I've made more progress.

Since it's the second to last Sopranos tonight, I'm not sure if much sewing or knitting will be accomplished after B goes to bed. Maybe, I'll finish up mom's dishclothes (that reminds me, I really need to update the side bar; no 2007 FOs are listed and the WIPs are out of date).

1 comment:

Rae said...

Effort. It takes effort. Keep at it when you have the patience and strength. He'll get there. he sounds like a really good little guy. Potty training doesn't make him bad or good. Nor does it make you bad or good, either. Keep at it.

Cripes -- my word is "pkvggtxj"