my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Spring Things FO

Cookie, I knit my Cabin Cove yarn (I have a skein of Yankees Ikat to be a pair of socks once they stop sucking so much, kidding, I'm not a bandwagon fan).
I finished the shawl a while ago but didn't get around to blocking it until this past Sunday. The pattern is Spring Things Shawl from Knitting As Fast As I Can. I don't know what Dave uses as lace weight merino when he dyes, but the yarn was 100% merino and I can't remember the colorway name he gave it either. I knit the shawl on my KnitPicks options size 4 (I think). My only mods were to try to make it BIGGER, to use as much of the yarn as possible. I added extra eyelet rows as directed in the pattern, and an extra repeat of the bottom pattern. I still have a sizeable ball of yarn left and in my spree of picture taking on Sunday, I forgot to include it.


This goofy pic is included to give an idea of size. I could have gone bigger. I'd like it to be deeper, but not necessarily wider. I love it and have no idea when I'll wear it!

I'm hoping to FO bounce tonight. It's all seamed but for one underarm gusset, which I've lost. I'm taking care of that on the way home tonight (knitting a new one from the swatch I washed). B should be happy. He keeps taking it out of my bag and asking me to fix it. He wasn't bothered by the fact that it wasn't done, he just didn't like the long ends hanging off it.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Gorgeous!!

Amy Lane said...

absolutely gorgeous... and I love pink, I really do! I'm working on an alligator sweater for the cave troll...he gets so excited!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was that good....then again, it would take me 3 years since I have the attention span of a gnat. I've been trying to finish this bunny for Jason's son for the last two months. I have 20 minutes worth of work left, and it's taking forever!

you should have a draw for one of your shawls sometime! :)