my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, August 25, 2005

One down, one to go

Front bands, that is. I know I'm so repetitive. It's not still Wednesday, right? I'll get a jump on the second one today at Lunch Stitchers and hopefully weave in ends and put on buttons tonight. I can't believe I'm going to be done so far ahead of time. Last year, we pushed the M-I-L birthday celebration back a week and I just finished the finishing on Loll before they pulled up to the house. Millie's a great little knit. I'm looking forward to making one (or three) for myself. I think the first one will be from the Capricorne I just got. It'll look kicky over the red tank I got for my birthday. I've got tons of mods in my head for it.

Anyway, busted out that first band last night watching RockStar. And then there were six. Bye-bye Deanna (but I bet we see her again). Not surprisingly, there's going to be a CD compilation coming out and you can already buy the songs on MSN.com.

Cute Billy story, last night when I picked him up at daycare. I walked over to the wall where they keep the daily reports, took his and put it in my pocket. He wigged out. He wouldn't leave the reports or stop fussing until I gave him one off the wall to hold. The folded up one that was actually his wasn't good enough. Then, all the way home, he sat and pretended to read it. What a kid! It's scary how much you see kids modeling your behavior. No wonder bad habits seem hereditary.

I'll probably drop a short post about lunch later. Ta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the top is coming along beautifully! Can't wait to see the finished product.