my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

head colds prevent witticisms

Not that I expect anyone comes here for my wit. It's sorely lacking most days, but it's even harder when your head feels like it's packed with cotton batting.

Yeah, along with his terrible two-ness (at 18 months folks), Billy's brought home some sort of summer cold. Blech.

How does one handle the tantrums? Last night, he wanted to sit on my lap during dinner. Of course, I've let him do it in the past and it's a habit we're trying to break. So, he screamed, and screamed, and screamed. Until I got him ready for bed. yowser. He's so cranky and wants to be held all the time. I can't walk around and do anything without him clinging to me, which makes it hard to do anything. If I want a moment's peace, though, all I have to do is sit down on the couch. Then, he'll go off and do his own thing.

I know it's a communication thing. He doesn't have the skills to express himself yet. I try to be patient with him. Motherhood demands patience, lots of it, if you hadn't heard.

MiL's cardi is progressing. I'm into the third ball. At last count, I had about 14 rows until I separate the sleeves from the body. The rows are so long now, it's really scrunched on the 24" circ (how am I going to fit my larger size on the 24?). I've had to drop stitches twice to correct missing yarn overs. The first time it was scary. I had to drop back about 10 rows, the second time only 4. I'm getting better at it, but would prefer to not skip the YOs in the first place!

This cold better go away. I will not have it interefere with my enjoyment of my sister's visit this week. We're going wedding gown shopping!

No comments: