my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

18-months

Billy turned 18 months yesterday. My baby's become a little kid. Last night he helped us put away his blocks and Grammy said he helped her clean his room. He's gotten so big and tries to talk so much more. He's great fun to be with. He loves to laugh and roughhouse. I get such a kick out of it when he tries to hug and kiss Molly. He loves that dog so much. She's not really sure about him, especially when he tries to hug her from behind. He can nearly drink from a regular cup and had no problems giving up his bottles last month. I couldn't have imagined a better kid and I thank God for this blessing everyday. I don't know what we did, but we've sure lucked out in the kid department!

I'm not so lucky in the knitting sense department. I don't know if I mentioned this, but I messed up on sonnet. It's supposed be garter stitch highlighted with box stitch. Well, ol' Netter sure don't read so good sometimes. I skipped the part where it's "Rows 1 and 4: *k2, p2*, Rows 2 and 3: *p2, k2*". I've been alternating k2p2 with p2 k2 every other row which is something other than box stitch. It looks fine, but it's not sonnet as written. Oh well. I did work a few more rows of garter stitch on it last night and I've got most of the cuff done on the new 601 footie.

Apparently, Rowan 38 is coming out soon. I'm not too thrilled with the patterns. I'll have to see when I can get a closer look at things. I don't see much that I'd want to knit. But, that's okay. There's plenty of stuff from earlier mags that I want to knit.

No comments: