my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, July 11, 2005

toe number 3, stash, and s'n'b

I did finish the toe on sock #2, and it was too small! I ripped and re-started. Hubby laughed at me while we were watching TV on Saturday because I kept making him give me his foot. Hey, the whole point of hand-made socks is that they are custom-fit, right? The bus was SRO this morning, so I only got a couple of rounds done on the subway. I hope to get it finished up tonight and start toe #4. I really, really want some FOs this week.

I did re-start the neckline on Dude's vest on the way to church yesterday. Hubby looked at the three bags (purse, diaper, knitting) I was making him carry to the van (hey, I had the high-chair) and said do we have to take all this knitting? I said yes, I like to knit in the car. Ha to you buddy, I got nearly half of it done. So, there.

I received 2 of my 3 outstanding eBay purchases this weekend. My silk garden arrived Friday. It's a slightly different dye lot from my first 10 skeins of #84, but I don't think it will really matter. I can always use it for the sleeves or something. My Cork came on Saturday. Wowser, is Billy going to look sharp in this sweater. Blue, orange, red, green. Yippee! It might just be the rad stripes I've been wanting to knit!

Tomorrow, I'm getting together with another knitter and a needlepointer for a lunch-hour s'n'b. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not sure what I'm going to bring to work on. Maybe the second NBaT sleeve. That hasn't been touched in a few days and shouldn't require too much concentration. I need to be able to chat you know to get to know these fiber-minded colleagues!

No comments: