my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, July 25, 2005

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day...

I started Sonnet in Summerwind this weekend. For some reason I can’t stop thinking of Shakespeare's Sonnet #18. It feels like it's taking soo long, even though I've got the right front done. I like the construction of this piece, it's side to side around the body. But all that garter stitch. I like the fabric, though. Pictures tomorrow.

I'm still working on the second footie. I was so taken with the new project, I haven't done much on the footie since Friday. I'm only about an inch or so away from the toe decreases. Then, it's on to my third pair of socks. Hmmm, what should it be? Another footie in koigu, regular socks in Kroy (got two colorways), or something dull in solid Preface (three shades)?

No comments: