my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, June 17, 2005

Toes

When Billy was little (you know, cuz he's so big now), I used to sit him in his bouncy seat and sing Nose and Toes. I'd touch his toes and sing toes in a low tone, then I'd touch his nose and sing nose higher. Sometimes, I'd try to find other body parts that rhymed, like eyes and thighs. But nose and toes worked the best. He'd just laugh himself silly.

This does tie into knitting and I bet you've figured out how. I don't have many readers, but they're a smart bunch! I started the toe shaping on Hubby's sock. I'm hoping, hope with me, that I'll have it finished to give him Sunday. Granted, it's only one, but I think it will be a nice Father's Day gift. Then he can try it on and if it's not ginormous, I'll copy it exactly for the Second Sock. If it is ginormous, I'll knit one smaller and that will be the First Sock, and a third sock will be the Second Sock, and the current sock will become a Christmas Stocking or something. Maybe I'll make a puppet out of it!

Whew. I knit a few more inches on Billy's Stripey Vest. I want to come up with a neat name for it, but I haven't yet. It reminds me of the 80s with the bright colors, but it's not Miami Vice colors, so I'm not sure what to call it. I'll try to get a pic this week.

I did get hubby's dj all loaded for him last night. I didn't rip any more cds. Molly was barky and I didn't feel like it. I felt like putting my behind on the couch, watching TV, and knitting. So I did!

No comments: