my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, June 24, 2005

make it through the night

I'm not sure what I want to write about.

I'm progressing on Dude's Preppy vest (must update side bar to change the name). About 6 more rows and I bind off for the armholes and then just a few rows until I separate for the v-neck. I hope to have front and back finished Saturday. then I'll steam block and seam up so I can start picking up for armhole and neckline ribbing. I really, really want to have the whole thing finished before our trip to VT next weekend. Just cause I want to work on other things in the car.

Yep, planning my knitting for the 6 hour drive (and any other driving we do while there). I'm going to bring hubby's socks and probably NBaT. It's time to finish her up. Maybe I'll work on the math and decreases for her sleeves before the car trip, or maybe I'll do it during the trip.

I don't know how I'm going to get through today and tonight. I'm fiber-less. Hubby and I are going to the Mets v. Yankees tonight and he talked me out of trying to bring the sock to the Stadium. So, no knitting on the bus this morning (which was fine the nap was much needed), but also no knitting on the subway up to the Bronx, or back to Manhattan or the train or bus ride home tonight. I may suffer withdrawals people. I may need to self-medicate. I may need to buy more discontinued Rowan yarns on eBay. I've never touched Polar in my life, but discontinue it and I have to have it!

The in-laws are taking Billy to their house for the night. I get to sleep in tomorrow. I can actually do housework without him fussing behind me (well I won't miss the fussing, but I'd rather not clean). Hubby and I can run errands without complicated logistics and both be out of the house at the same time! It gets better, I don't have to think about what to feed me or Billy or anybody! Since F-i-L is going to tomorrow's Yankee-Mets game with Hubby (Hubby's going to all three, we won't even talk about the marathon he has planned for Sunday when he and a buddy are going to Philly to watch the Phillies and Red Sox in the afternoon and then going to the Bronx that night. I married a crazy man), I'm going to go up to their house and have an early dinner with M-i-L and B.

Don't get me wrong, being Billy's mom is the awesomest thing ever, but it's nice to get a break! I may even sneak in some spiinning.

No comments: