my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, June 30, 2005

long weekend

Boy am I looking forward to the long weekend. Some of these people I work with, geez.

So, I finished weaving in the ends of Dude last night. Started picking up a few stitches along an armhole this morning. I'm following the proportions found in Nancie Wiseman's The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques. Except, I'm doing 3 stitches to 4 rows along the whole armhole (except the bound off stitches which I'm picking up 1 to 1), I want the ribbing to pull it in a bit and not just lie there. I'll modify if I don't like it. I hope I can whip the edges out tonight while doing some last-minute laundry. Then I have to pack me, the baby and the dog.

I've started the heel flap on the second sock. I love the looks of heel stitch, but I hate purling it. Gee willickers, I've got to keep the stitch way down on the needle or they all pop off on me! I'm definitely keeping the socks in my purse for this weekend. So portable!

I'm also definitely bringing my NBaT for the car ride. I really want to finish her up and start wearing her. I hope I can figure out how to modify the sleeves to fit in my modified armholes. Otherwise, NBaT will have to wait until I take my sleeve class at Stitches.

Hopefully, I'll have a few FOs soon and will feel free to cast on something new.

Last night was bath night, both Billy and Molly are clean machines this morning!

No comments: