my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

mini-rant

Why do they have such clueless bimbettes working at that "school" after 3 pm? I dutifully sent Hubby in with extra shorts and undewear for B yesterday and he put them in his little plastic shoe box as required. So when B had a late afternoon accident, bimbette couldn't find his clothes. She thought the empty box with no name on it was B's and then put him in some spare shorts and a pull-up. Of course, he then managed to wet the pull-up by the time we got home and he had to pee again. He had NO accidents Sunday, not even during a 2 and a half hour nap. He had no accidents at home last night. As a matter of fact, he even went #2 again. I swear the bimbettes are undermining me at every turn with this potty training thing.

Poor dude was so uncomfortable yesterday waiting for that poo to come out. We spent at least 45 minutes on the potty in various trips. I wish he was more comfortable just going on the potty for #2.

Like you want to hear all about that.

I did knit some on Serrano last night. Not enough progress to take a pic. I'm really struggling with finding a hook and eye tape in a good color. I bought a yellow one on eBay, but it's a little on the green side. I'm thinking a deep red might be okay. I definitely don't want to do white or black. Anyone know of a good notions place with lots of options?

I just did a little pre-birthday shopping for me. I bought some Hempathy on closeout at Webs ($2.99 a ball). I think I want to make a Josephine from Summer IK. I really wanted brown, but they didn't have it and I wasn't paying twice as much at some other place. I've got a turquoise cami I love but don't wear much, but I think it would look awesome under Josephine.

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

Poor guy...the Cave Troll comes home, goes pee-pee in the potty, and then asks to put a diaper on so he can go poop. It's not a perfect system, but it's one we're comfortable with--we're not putting him in school for another year... (And, on the plus side, we've been going through pull ups with record slowness...) May your own #2 problems get flushed blissfully away:-)