Amy Lane tagged me a few days ago. So, here are eight random things. I'd tag but I think everyone's been tagged already.
1. I like maple syrup on vanilla ice cream. Heck, I just like maple syrup. I used to sneak into my Meme’s fridge and steal tastes of her maple butter. We got through almost a gallon of real syrup a year. Good thing my great-uncle has a sugaring business.
2. I can’t wear a heel higher than 1 ½ inch, and those are really uncomfortable. I have a bone spur at the base of my right big toe and it hurts like the dickens if I push that toe too far back.
3. I also have bone spurs in my heels (years of orthotic inserts calmed the feets) and one in my left shoulder (that one can cause wicked pain in my neck).
4. Speaking of toes, I can use mine to pick things up. My sisters always gave me a hard time about having long toes (nearly 2”), but they’re useful! I wonder if I could learn to knit with my feet. Twice the production!
5. I have a very dry sense of humor. So dry, hubby never gets it when I’m trying to be funny. I can’t help it; my mother raised me on wicked sarcasm
6. I was the first person in my family to get a bachelor’s degree. Neither of my grandfathers went to high school. Now, my baby cousin whose diapers I changed is graduating from college this month.
7. My dad used to call me pooker when I was a kid. I’ve got no idea where it came from. But, his is a great family for nicknames. My youngest sister is nicknamed Fur (known to Billy as his beloved AAAAANNNNT FUUUUUURRRR), and he’s got brothers nicknamed Tup, Gub, and Turk. No one really calls me by a nickname anymore. Netter was my nickname in college. I’m not telling you what Hubby calls me.
8. I like it when my husband goes out with friends for an evening here or there. Then I get the big screen tv and usually splurge with a pint of Ben & Jerry’s. Of course, I wind up cursing him to no end if the dog and the boy act up.
In knitting news, Drab is drying. I finished the second cuff and wove in the ends during TPIR and Criminal Minds. She took a nice long soak during LOST and I pinned her out before I went to bed. She was still pretty darn wet when I got up this morning. I hope to have pics for you tomorrow. Not sure when the buttons will get here and be attached.
As for Serrano, I did complete the hem last night (something about taking 2 hours to get home led to productivity, downed powerlines on the GSP will do it every time). But, I have a gripe. If, as a designer, you tell me to just repeat the pattern around, shouldn't it work out to even repeats? If not, shouldn't you give me some idea of what to do with the extra six stitches? I'll be ripping the first row out again. I've figured out on my own what to do with the stitches that don't if into the 23 repeats of the 11 stitch pattern. Took me a while, but I did it. I took some pics this morning of the turned hem and they look like crap. I really need to get my polaroid fixed.
Before I forget, let me tell you what cutie boy did yesterday morning. I was lying on the couch waiting for Hubby to get ready to go out the door and Billy covered me with a blanket and sang rock a bye baby to me. Then he yelled that it was time to wake up and get into the big red truck.