my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, May 24, 2007

I feel the need...

The need for stash.

Seriously, I'm sitting here thinking "I need new yarn." I think it's just symptomatic of having stuff to do today that I don't want to do.

I have a ton of yarn, and projects lined up out my wazoo. I was swatching a bit last night for Hubby's St Andrew's Cross sweater (aka Scottish flag sweater) and Mi-i-L's birthday CeCe. I didn't want anything to detract from the last two hours of LOST for the next nine months, so I stuck with small stockinette.

I'm partway through the skirt I cut out the other night. The front and back are each 3 pieces and their all sewn together and I added the front waistband. I quit early Tuesday night because I couldn't find the elastic for the back half of the waist. Of course, it was sitting right on top of my basket of notions. I haven't touched the skirt since. I'm kind of worried it's not going to fit.

I won't have time to sew tonight. We need to pack for our weekend down the shore. We're not sure if we're driving down tomorrow after work or first thing Saturday morning. Depends on how late Hubby has to work. I really hate not knowing.

For the weekend, I'm packing the Spring Things Shawl, Mom's Ballband Dishclothes, and the Dragon koigu socks. I want to get some of these lingering WIPs finished. Then, I can start something new.

Socks in yesterday's pic were the indigo gold socks. I need to knit him a new pair. These just don't fit right. They keep sliding down his foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yarn swap?

I have some louet yarns kicking around that my brother got for me (he knows the owners) We could swap if you want...which would mean me actually LOOKING for it...

Amy Lane said...

stash enhancement...it's almost more for your heart and soul than it is for your knitting...