my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, December 21, 2006

knit from stash 07

I just bought a bunch of stuff from Webs end of year sale, plus 18 skeins of skye tweed, in luscious marmalade, from elann yesterday, following quickly on the heels of the order from last week. I also bought 10 skeins of ASC from eBay (super sweet deal, less than $25 with free shipping). And 8 skeins of koigu for $79, also from eBay. That's destined to be a baby blanket or shawl. Along with the massive amounts of yarn I bought in October-November, I could outfit all 31 of my first cousins.

So, I'm going to do it. I'm joining Wendy and LB and everyone else who's knitting from stash for 07.

Rules are:

1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.

2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Sock yarn does not count.
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. I each get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I am allowed to fall off the wagon one time.

3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.

4. Spinning fiber of any sort is exempt. Kind of moot, since I don't spin. I do own a drop spindle, but I haven't touched it in nearly two years.

So, to keep me occupied and from buying yarn, I'm going to knit these:

Finish mom's ballband dishclothes (by 12/29)
Finish red scarves (due mid-January)
Knit a Cap for Caps to the Capital (also January deadline)
Finish my blue surf anklets and red dragon socks
Orange Chunky Swirl mittens
Billy's birthday sweater (due 2/2)
Hubby's Aran (already started, to be finished by the AC St. Paddy's parade)
F-i-L's 2007 birthday sweater (in Rowan Plaid, due 3/23)
Billy's Portofino jacket, a re-knit for Spring
Jaywalkers in Regia Silk, for me
Hubby's St Andrew's cross sweater
Go with the Flow cami in Denim
Icarus
Green bouclerino jacket for me
Spring baby blanket
M-i-L's 2007 birthday sweater (due 8/30)
Lil sis's birthday Knee highs (due 9/6)
Mom's 2007 birthday sweater (due 10/26)
Dad's 2007 birthday sweater (due 12/29)

I also need to organize my stash, to help remind me of just how much I do have already, and start using my sweater machine, to help ramp up output. Since I do so love sweaters with miles and miles of stockinette.

Someone put my credit cards in the freezer

No comments: