my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's hard being two

It's also hard being the mother of a two year old. Geez Louise. I did not think that Billy was going to stop fussing last night. Well, he did once I gave him the chapstick he wanted. Which made hubby unhappy. He's all about setting limits, but not about helping our kid who doesn't understand limits deal with being denied. I thought we were in for it putting him to bed because he wanted to wear his Elmo shoes over his pjs, but he went to bed without a whimper and I plopped my butt on the couch and knitted away the frustrations of being unable to communicate with the boy.

I made lots of progress while the Devils got whupped and Hubby flipped channels. See. Just a few more rows until I hit the raglan shaping. I brought the left front with me to make sure I keep them the same length. Of course, last night I compared all the pieces before I went to bed and realized that the ribbing on the fronts and sleeve is 2 rows longer than the ribbing on the back. Oh well. I'll fake it the best I can when I seam him up. I've really enjoyed this project. It's quick and mindless, but the challenge of making it up as I go along has kept it from being boring.

1 comment:

Anny said...

Two sounds hard! My little guy has been crying on and on unless we pick him up and walk around. He's got us both wrapped around his little finger and he is only 8 months old. We're trying to set limits too, but what are you going to do. I keep telling myself (a la Dr. Phil) "Do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" I want to be happy though I know from the zillion parenting sources that limits is the way to go and that it's bad to give in. Who knew this parenting thing was going to be so hard ;0)

Well tomorrow's another day and maybe things will start to turn around...