my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

elp

Billy says elp when he can't get the last of the apple sauce or yogurt out of the container. He'll hold the cup and spoon up and with that sweet face say "elp."

I need some elp. This is where I am on the sleeve. The length is good to start the raglan shaping, but it's a bit too narrow. I think I need an inch or so more on the width. Not a problem, I'll just increase more rapidly. (I'm basing my shaping on the schematics for Lucky over at knitty so I'll know the raglans fit together.) My concern is that I'm not going to have enough yarn in my two hanks of Ivy to knit two sleeves. The blob on the right is all that I have left of hank #1. What do you think? Is there going to be enough? If not, what do I do? I'm thinking a vertical stripe on sleeve 2 in either the burgundy or clay would look cool. Thoughts?

No comments: