my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, January 20, 2006

a knit that's too quick?

Have you ever had a project that seemed to just go too fast? That's how I'm feeling about Billy's Ronan. I finished the back up yesterday at my Stitch lunch and cast on for the left front about 4 times. I finally got it started and progressed really well on the extended bus ride home (no bad weather, no explanation for the traffic) and finished up watching CSI. Then I cast on for the right front. I'm about to the armhole on that piece. At this rate, I'll have the back done tonight and will have started on a sleeve. Since I'm getting other balls of yarn and I'm not sure the dye lots will mathc, I think I may have to cast on hubby's boot socks so I'll have knitting for my trip on Monday. No point in getting too far into the sleeves if the colors wind up being way off. So far, I've only used about 2 balls of yarn.

Contrary to what I said the other day, I won't be mailing the red scarf today. I'm going out to lunch with a colleague. I think Billy and I will be taking a field trip to the post office tomorrow (normally, I'd send hubby as errands are his thing on the weekend, but he's got a 3 hour church retreat tomorrow morning). Here's the scarf, with Ronan in the background.

I'm updating the side bar today. I'll move the scarf to an FO (third of the year) and add Ronan to on the needles, and I need to add the link and button for Momma to a Boy ring.

1 comment:

yarnahoy said...

oooh. red & orange! my favorite colors.
:)
Manasi