my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, January 12, 2006

it's going to be a looooong day

I was awoken by a screaming toddler at 3:30 this morning. Seems the fact that Billy had not pooped yesterday caught up with him. Poor baby didn't even like getting his bum wiped. The irony is that Babycenter.com just sent me an e-mail about dealing with toddler constipation and I thought, I don't need that. He went back to sleep in less than a half hour. Mommy wasn't so lucky. And Mommy's alarm went off at 5:05. Mommy is tired. He decided he was up and clingy for the day at 6:05. My grand plans for a crockpot dinner were scrapped because I could barely eat my cereal with him on my lap (note to self, kid likes raisin bran); there was no way I was accomplishing putting a meal together. I'm kind of glad I don't have to deal with him all day like M-i-L does. Of course, I bet by 12:30 I'll be missing the chance to take a nap.

I remembered a great thing this morning on the bus ride in, though. I get a three-day weekend. Poor, M-i-L actually has to go into the office on Monday (one way she's keeping her health benefits throughout her mini-leave).

Here's the cougar head/body all stuffed and ready for limb attachment. Hubby thinks it looks like a Weeble* as is, but it falls over. I finished the ears and both arms last night. I have started one leg, so those will be done today. I don't know if I'll get everything attached right away. I'm kind of jonesing to start in on Billy's cork sweater. I pulled together all the skeins I'm going to use. Now, to find the needles. That task would be much easier if I'd put them back when I was done with them instead of just leaving them around in various defunct project bags!

I thought I had something else I wanted to talk about, but now I can't remember what it was. Oh well.

*I loved my weebles as a kid. I had a weeble tree house with an elevator. I used to dream about living in it. Sometimes the dreams would become nightmares as we'd be chased around by alligators, but I still loved that tree house.

No comments: