my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, January 09, 2006

just to make it worth my while

So, I had to buy something besides a $3 bag of polyfill to make the trek down to PS Yarns worth my while. So, I got some size 8 dpns for Hubby's boot socks. And I got some Lion Brand Micro Spun just cause. They nicely discount the bags of yarn at PS, and this was the only one I saw that I know I would do something with. I may go back down there, but it'll be on a day when I don't have to rush back to the office, and when I know I want something from Lion, Patons, or Bernat (about all they carry for yarns). I didn't get the zipper for Billy's birthday sweater because I mis-read the pattern and was looking for a 30" zipper. Yep, the kid's only 34", but apparently I can't tell the difference between cm and inches. They didn't seem to have the color I wanted anyway. I think I'll look through the projects I have in mind coming up needing zippers (F-i-L's sweater, my ribby cardi) and order some online.

No comments: