my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

>>insert witty blog entry title here<<

Shadow grows. I added about five inches yesterday evening and this morning (mostly yesterday evening). She's at 9 1/2". Only 14 1/2" to go until I bind off for the arm holes. At the rate I'm going, I'll get to the armholes some time this weekend. Why did I decide to make a dk weight, hip-length sweater?

Vogue Knitting (or whoever the publisher is) has their offices in the same building as my company. This morning, I was working on a row of Shadow in the elevator when a VK employee was riding as well. She complimented it and asked how I found the Rowan directions (I had told her where the pattern was from). I said not that bad, but it's a simple pattern. I did say that I thought Kim Hargreaves wrote good patterns.

I'm seriously mulling the Boys' Christmas sweaters. I'm going to knit them, and from the yarn I bought, but I'm not really sure if I want to make the Patons pattern. I think it might be way too busy for Hubby. Maybe this one or this one instead. I think I definitely want to do the fishie cable for Billy, but I'm not really sure.

No comments: