my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

He's a walking dude

That's right, my baby boy has taken his first steps. Monday, about 2 minutes before my husband got home he took four steps not holding onto anything! He's done it a few times since, but won't do it if we have the video camera out.

Little booger, much as I love him, woke me up at 4:20 this morning. Mommy's tired! I also had to stay home with him yesterday because daycare closed for 7" of snow. Cowards!

So what did I do while he napped for 2 1/2 hours yesterday morning (but not at all in the afternoon)? Besides making a few phone calls, I did what you see below. It's a little something I concocted myself. It's in Gedifra Living (100% superwah wool) in a lovely tomato-red.

I loved that slipped-stitch ribbing when I was knitting the Loll cardi last summer and Zipo this winter (hem and cuffs) and decided to do the whole piece that way. Of course, I realized after the fact that I wouldn't have to PURL the whole thing if I knit in the round with the inside-out!

No comments: