my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, March 28, 2005

Easter Monday

We had a good weekend. The concert was a mixed bag. I had a good time hanging with the Hubby (main reason I married the guy, I love spending time with him). The Crowes sounded great. But, the floor of the Hammerstein Ballroom is not the place for this Momma to see a concert. Well, first of all I couldn't "see" a damn thing (I'm average height and it seemed the 6'6" guys were always in front of me). And it was so crowded, we were constantle being jostled and trying to get some breathing space.

Saturday was a lazy day. I did a bit of knitting on Angelina in the car to pick up the kids (yes, even after Billy, we still consider our dog a kid), while reading the paper during Billy's nap and that night watching boxing. The sleeves are over 5 1/2". We also dyed eggs after the boy went to sleep. We figured he wouldn't be all that into it yet. Hubby and I had fun, though. When picking up the kids, we gifted FIL with F-i-L, he loved it.

Yesterday was a long Easter Sunday. Billy was up before 7 and we did the Easter basket. Hubby had picked up this great stuffed bunny that sings and gigles and lights up. Billy loved it. Then we met the in-laws for church. Billy (and my knitting as Dad wore FIL and Mom wore Loll) got lots of compliments. He's such a great kid. Didn't cry much at all and only really babbled during the Hymns. Coffee hour was fun, mainly for the ego stroking and getting to know friends of the in-laws. We're thinking of having Billy baptized at the in-laws church. The new Pastor is really nice and it would be neat to have him baptized at the same placy Hubby was.

After coffee hour, we went back to in-laws and gave Billy lunch, he then took a 3 hour nap. We had a great lamb dinner (yes, this knitter eats lamb) and hung out for a long time. I knit some in the car and did a couple of rows after we got home.

No knitting this morning, I had to stand on the bus. I did stash, however. I got a good deal on 10 skeins of Sour Calmer. I'm thinking Elspeth from Rowan 37 would look great over some tanks this summer.

Oh yeah, I got my hair cut on Saturday. I tried to go with the model's hair from Rowan 37 (Butterfly, Ellspeth), but it doesn't look exactly the same. I think I've got thicker hair!

No comments: