my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, March 25, 2005

hard to handle

Angelina was left at home today. She's not being punished, but Hubby and I are going to see the Black Crowes at the Manhattan Center and they wouldn't let me bring her in. I did bring Hubby's socks to start casting on this morning, but napped instead. Oh well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Crowes tonight. They're all Hubby's played for a month. I think it should be a good, raunchy (not in the degrading sense of the word) show. They're grungy and visceral. The way a rock band should be.

Billy and Molly are spending the day and night with their grandparents tonight. Daycare is closed for Good Friday and M-i-L just figured it would be easier if she took them home and they stayed with her and F-i-L overnight. No problem. Mommy gets to sleep in tomorrow. Which is good. I'm sure Hubby and I will over indulge tonight.

I've already started to overindulge. I went into Duane Reade this morning to try to find a Cadbury Cream Egg (caramel cream) but didn't see any. Instead I got a bag of the caramel kisses. Oh my. I've eaten about half already. Wait, you didn't think I was imbibing already did you? Now really. I may drink in the morning at football tailgates and Yankee Opening Day (but not this year because ESPN's made it Opening Night), but my job's better now so I can get by without "medicating." (Just joking. And yes, I'm allowed to joke about alcoholism. I'm ACoA.)

I so desperately want to buy some new yarn. I just like to aquire. And there's so much out there. I do have a bid in on some Calmer. Amazingly, in a color other than Zeal. The auction goes until tomorrow, so my hopes aren't too high. I'm sure I'll be outbid. But, I refuse to pay close to retail on eBay. If I'm going to pay retail, I'll support a LYS or one of the great online shops.

Well, I've got things to do. Have a good weekend and a Happy Easter (if it's your thing).

No comments: