my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, July 23, 2007

the book and some knitting

So, I read THE BOOK in about 8 hours this weekend. Mostly on Saturday. I woke up with a nasty cold and it was a very good thing M-i-L had told hubby he could drop B off on his way to golf Saturday morning. I settled into my chair with the book and a juice and got up to eat and pee. By the time we got to the game on Saturday night, I only had 100 pages left to go. Those were finished Sunday morning. I'm not sure if it was the cold, but I cried tons.

Someday, I'll need to go back and savor the series, probably aloud to B, but I just had to devour the last book. Kind of like all the others before.

I'm going to miss that kid.

But, it wasn't just all Harry all weekend. There was lots of nose blowing and coughing, and some knitting (mostly Friday night).
Both sleeves are now attached. I wish I'd made the body longer but I still don't know if I'm going to have enough yarn. I've got about a ball and a half. I'll probably wind up with a short sweater and left overs.
My goal is to get this done this week. My sister's birthday is in early September and it's going to take some time to knit up her gift. That will be my focus once CeCe is done.
In B news, we took him to an MLS soccer game yesterday afternoon and had to take him to the bathroom every 5 minutes. So he could pretend to pee and wash his hands. He's driving me round the bend.

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

I wept copiously...then I wrote a screaming e-mail to Samurai about the body count...

Then I reluctantly gave it to T because I was seriously ready to read the last 12 chapters again and cry some more...