my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, January 31, 2005

What a weekend

I had a lovely visit with my family this weekend. It started with getting a call at 12 Friday that Billy'd had some loose BMs and I'd have to pick him up. I scampered out of here and took him home. His BMs looked fine to me all weekend. Then we waited and waited for my parents and sister to arrive. Their flight was a little delayed.

Friday night the hubby made stuffed chicken breasts and we all crashed early. Saturday, mom, sis and I went shopping and we had pizza for dinner. I overindulged on the wine, won our little Texas hold'em tournament and felt really crappy on Sunday. We baked a cake Sunday and had our little party and all crashed by 10 am.

They've made it home already. I think my bus ride in took longer than their flight.

The little party was good. Hubby made beef tenderloin with potatoes and veggies. We had shrimp cocktail and cheese and crackers for hors d'oevres. My baseball cake was a hit. Billy entertained us all immensely. I can't believe the little dude is going to be 1 in two days. He's getting ready to start walking. He nearly took his first steps over the weekend. He's getting so brave about standing without holding on to anything. My baby's becoming a child! Oh no, toddler years here we come!

I don't have any pictures to post yet. I had to scramble out of here so fast on Friday I forgot my camera. Once we get the DVD finished this week, I'll have pics from that.

In knitting news, I've finished the bucket hat embroidery. I couldn't get duplicate stitch to work, so I winged it. I think it looks okay. See? Sitting below it is the swatch for my f-i-l's birthday sweater. It's the Oregon vest from Oat Couture.

Oh, the other picture is from a box that arrived while I was out. Elann rocks!

No comments: