my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I think I'm an idiot

I had a nice post going including a nice rant about NJ Transit bus drivers ignoring the advice of dispatch for avoinding traffic jams when I navigated away to check out the office's new spam blocker tool (I can filter my own mail). Duh!

Anyway. You don't want to read my rant about taking the Western Spur to avoid the back-up on the Esater Spur when dispatch tells you to. I don't even want to read it. Best to just move on.

Did I mention yesterday that Billy is sick again? I have two blogs, I know I mentioned it in the other one (written with my sisters about our trying to lose weight). His temp was 100.8 this morning after peaking at 101.9 yesterday afternoon. My m-i-l is sitting with him again today. She's also going to do a couple of loads of laundry. Hey, she volunteered. I don't ask her to do my housework. Yesterday, she cleaned the bathroom. I didn't realize this until this morning when I was brushing my teeth. She and my f-i-l are staying with Billy and the Hubby next week while I'm in London. My goal for my three day weekend is to clean the house so she doesn't feel compelled to clean anything else while I'm gone!

In sweater-making news (don't know about you but I get sick of reading knitting news), I finished the right front before I even got on the turnpike last night. Not only was traffic horrible in the tunnel (Lincoln) and on 495 west, my bus was 10 minutes late getting to PABT to pick us up. Yes, I knit standing in line. I cast on for the first sleeve and have two more sets of increases and about 30 rows to go. That one should be done tonight.

I did win the drop spindle and roving. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I don't know if my great idea will work but it's worth a try.

Last night I was knitting while watching TV (more like the car wreck that is the Surreal Life) with the Hubby and Molly (she was in the bone zone), Hubby asked if I was going to make him a sweater to match Billy's. I told him I didn't have enough yarn. He said the next time I buy yarn I should get enough to make them matching sweaters. Woo Hoo! Hubby's going to wear a sweater! He never wears sweaters. You should have seen the face he made Christmas morning when he opened this gorgeous red Lands End pullover from his mom. It was cotton and he dismissed it immediately. I think I'll make them matching zippy jackets for the fall. Oooh. Elann has more Highland Wool in stock. I need to find matching patterns!


No comments: