my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, January 14, 2005

Wet, wet, wet

It was sopping here in the NYC metro area this morning. They say things are going to start drying out (and getting colder) in the next hour or so. I'll believe it when I see it.

In Billy news, the boy slept pretty well last night. He made some noises about 6, but didn't get up until 6:30. He went down easily last night, too. And yay, no spit-ups! He felt much cooler this morning. I didn't bother taking his temp; I'm sure m-i-l will at some point today. Hopefully, he's on the mend. (And hopefully, this will be our last illness for a while.)

In Hello Billy news, I cast-on for the second sleeve last night and knit through the first stripe. When I picked it up this morning I looked at the measly amount of blue left in the first ball and thought, gee I hope this gets me through two stripes, especially since the rows keep getting longer. Then I remembered I hadn't made any increases last night! D'oh! Fortunately, I only had to rip 8 rows back to the ribbing.

In other yarn-related news, I bought a ballwinder on eBay. I got a pretty good price. With shipping, it's less than most places sell for retail. I didn't get a swift. I figured I can try something makeshift for now.

My drop spindle and roving shipped on the 12th. I wonder if it will get here tomorrow. (No mail Monday and I'm in London until next Thursday.) It would be cool to be able to play with it this weekend.

I should be able to cast on for Billy's bucket hat this weekend. That is, if I don't host a little seaming party. I have enough seaming to keep me busy! I also have enough housework. My in-laws are moving in while I'm away and I need to get the house tidy. Thank goodness it's a 3-day weekend. I can tackle a floor a day and not kill myself trying to get too much done!

Well, that stack of stuff on my desk didn't get cleared by the publishing fairies and I've got a lot to do in the next six hours. I better get to it.

No comments: