my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Sleeves grow slowly! But it is good mindless knitting right now. Hopefully, I'll reach the shoulder shaping by the end of the week.

I made some progress on the BUP. The band is almost finished. I worked on it a little last night after Billy went to bed. I found some white and bright kelly green to make a flower for it. I think I'm going to make one of Becky's.

I told my husband last night that I needed to finish some projects so I could buy more yarn. I thought he was going to fall off the couch. He asked me how many projects I have uncompleted. I fibbed a little. I only mentioned a few: Grecian Plait, BUP, poncho, the garter stitch baby outfit. I have a few other things that need a little finishing: a crochet baby hat, crochet baby sweater and blanket, the striped pillow.

But there are so many yummy yarns out there and so many beautiful projects I want to make. I've ordered a copy of Tricotez Cailin from Threadbear. Unfortunately, it's back ordered. I don't know if I'll be getting any Phildar yarn, but Lionbrand Microspun is pretty close in gauge and has some fun colors.

Billy slept through again last night. But, again, I didn't. No more after dinner beverages for me! I've got to stop waking up at 4 am. This morning I couldn't get back to sleep! I should have gotten up and gotten something done. I could have knit on those sleeves!

No comments: