my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A little progress to report on the Grecian Plait. I've finished a set of increases. Three more to go and it's straight stocking stitch until the shoulder shaping. Fun!

I did work a bit on the floral poncho last night. I decided to use three strands of Soho, but it still seems the neckhole is too small. I also think I'm doing something wrong with the clusters. Will have to start again!

It was hard getting my little guy to sleep last night. He didn't want to go to bed and I hate letting him cry it out everynight, especially when he starts screaming. So I rocked him and made up a little song. It worked, he slept until 5. I know 5 is still very early, but it's only an hour earlier than I usually have to get him up so I can live with it.

The song I made up goes a little like this:

Little man, it's time to go to bed,
It's time to go to sleep, and rest your weary head.
Mr. Sun has gone away, he'll come again to play
Mr. Moon is out to see, all little men go to sleep.
Good night little man, it's time to close your eyes
It's time to go to bed, and rest your weary head.

I mixed the lines up a lot and sang it ad nauseum. I can't really describe the tune, it was a mishmash of lullabies aiming to be repetitive.

Back in the day, I used to write poetry. It's been a long time. I had something in my head around Mother's day. It was about how I didn't need a present, because being his mommy was the greatest present ever. Normally, I'm not so Hallmark-y, but being a mom makes me that way! Sugary sweet. I'd like to write something about my son, but I haven't yet.

My dad wrote a really sweet poem for us. He had my sister type it up and print it out and they framed it with baby's breath and rose petals. I really need to hang it up. It was supposed to be a song (his midlife crisis was a drum set and a band called Old Farts), but it came out as a poem. I should type it up and post it.

Anyway, back to the daily grind, invoices to recode today! I should delegate, but I like to be a human boss.

No comments: