my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, June 14, 2004

Got a little bit accomplished this weekend. I started the mini floral poncho. My gauge seems to be off. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to three strands of yarn or just double the pattern. I've only done the neck so far, so it will be easy to start over.

I got a few rounds done on the BUP this weekend. I did manage to break a needle Friday night. Stupid Boye Needlemaster is made of soft aluminum! The join was bending so I went to bend it back and it snapped! Fortunately, I had another number 6 circular that I had inherited from my grandmother. It worked much better than the Boye. I've switched to the 7 circ and have started the band.

No progress on the Grecian Plait on the bus this morning. I did get through a few inches Friday on the way home. I was so tired coming in this morning I napped instead of knit.

We've been having some rough nights with Billy lately. It's like he's a newborn again, he's up so much in the night. It started with waking up once between 3 and 5 most of last week. Saturday, he was up at 11:30, 2:30, and 5:30. And he fought going back to sleep after nursing. Last night, I went to bed before 10 (he was down at 9, I had to let him cry but he was asleep in 5 minutes). He woke me up at 11:30. I nursed him and we dozed in the rocking chair until 12:40. Then I thought I heard him about 2:30, but saw the monitor wasn't lighting up so I thought it was my imagination. Hubby informed me this morning that he really had woken up. We think it's teething. His gums look tight and a little white in the bottom front. I hope the teeth break through soon! He's like me, though, if he gets his first teeth at four months.

No comments: