my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Finishing sminishing. I still have not blocked the Grecian Plait and I was home yesterday! Long story short, Billy was not allowed to go to daycare for fear he had pink eye, his pediatrician gave him a clean bill of health and I'm back at work today. Of course, I had to burn a whole day yesterday. I did get a few weeks worth of laundry put away, reorganized our towel cupboard, and caught up on my ironing. But, no finishing.

BUP needs finishing, too. The knitting was completed Monday night on the 2 hour commute home (no it does not normally me two hours to get home, it's usually 1 + 10).

I brought my Tucker Mat as my knitting. Took me three tries to cast on for the new swatch this morning. I'm pathetic with casting on, really.

I don't know why I'm bothering to swatch. I'm going to use it as wall art in my office so it's not like the dimensions need to be right.

I do need to make some bobbins or smaller balls since it has intarsia.

Someone slap my wrists. Bad Netter has bid on some lovely Rowan yarns on eBay. I figure if my beloved husband can go gamble in Atlantic City and spend lots of money entertaining himself, stash building need not be off limits to me! Knitting takes a lot more of my time and something lasting comes out of it.

No comments: