my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, June 03, 2004

It's official, I'm a Rowanette. I got my membership packet last night. The website is confusing. It says the free kit is the Kaffe Fassett Tumbling Blocks cushion with a picture of the Tucker table mat. I got the Tucker table mat. It looks to be more my speed. Intarsia's not been my bag. It's also in my colors, lilac and purple. Purple, orange, and red being my favorite colors. (I just bought some Goody barrettes in those colors.)

I didn't get to do a whole lot of knitting this morning. The bus was jammed and my elbows were pinned at my sides. I pulled the furry sweater out of my bag on the subway and realized when I was about half way through a row that a third of my stitches had fallen off the needle! Fortunately, the pattern stitch doesn't unravel easily! I was able to get everything back on with no stitches lost. I think I've got a bout 5 inches done so far on the front. I haven't actually measured, yet.

So many things to knit, I'm glad we're taking another car ride. My husband and I are heading up to Mohegan Sun on Saturday to see Bob Dylan in concert. Bob's one of the few people we see whenever we can. We'll be staying up there in Uncasville over night and coming back Sunday morning. It'll be my first night away from Billy since we brought him home from the hospital! He and the dog are staying with my in-laws. I do look forward to the uninterrupted time with hubby (and my knitting).

No comments: