my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, September 24, 2004

I’ve joined another knit along. The Man-along hosted over at Danishmodern. Dad’s Zipo was already planned and it fits in with the timeline. I won’t be starting until late October (after Air is done). In All Seasons Cotton, it’s not really seasonal, but he’ll love it for his birthday.

I was able to wear Paris Loop a few times this weekend and on Monday. Unfortunately, it’s warmed up quite a bit so I haven’t worn it since. I got a number of compliments on it.

It’s been quite the knitting week. I’m almost up to the armhole shaping on Air. There are a couple of errors and if I had time, I probably would have ripped it more than once. All in all, I don’t think one set of incorrect cables and increases done out of order will ruin the entire sweater.

I’ve been able to work on it quite a bit in the evenings at home. I haven’t been able to knit so much in the morning. Monday morning and this morning were the only mornings I had knittable seats on the bus. Monday I wasn’t even on my regular bus! (Funny thing about Monday morning, a little old lady sat next to me on the 77 from my in-laws to NYC. She wanted to know how I worked the edging on Air. So I explained the picot cast-on. Then she whips out fun fur and starts knitting on a scarf. She had lots of compliments for my Air and Loop. She thought Air looked very complicated.) Every other day this week I’ve had to stand or been smushed with no elbow room. Yesterday, I even fell when someone cut the bus off.

I started my draft of this post at 9. It’s now noon. I feel like I’ve barely accomplished anything, but I’ve been working. It’s one of those days where there is just so much to do I hardly know where to start!

I’m actually one of those crazy people who looks forward to mid-December. Not only do I love Christmas and all the chaos it brings with it, I work in publishing and the last quarter is our busiest. Fortunately, the warehouses close around Dec. 10th so if it’s not done by then it won’t impact 2004 and it’s all over but the crying.

No comments: