my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I’m nearly done with Paris Loop. Just a couple more niches on the neckline. I haven’t been able to knit in the morning; the bus has been too crowded. Yesterday I had to stand (and doncha know the ride took way longer than usual) and today I had no elbow room. I hope to have it done today or tomorrow. I have to start Air this week. I’ve got the pattern photocopied and marked and most everything packed and ready to go. I’m itching to get started!

Depending on how things (chores, childcare, etc) go this weekend, I may set up my sewing machine and get started on my dress for Johnny’s wedding. Ooh la la. I’m even thinking about accessories. I definitely need new shoes (I destroyed my last pair of pumps, don’t ask) and I think I want a new bag.

The calmer is still missing. *SIGH* I am slowly smuggling the office stash home. Last night I got the second half of my river tape eBay win (Janette is the coolest, she sent extra because the original second half got lost) and hubby asked what the package was. I said yarn and explained that it was stuff that was being replaced. He asked how many projects I had yarn for in the house. I didn’t answer. I guess it’s enough when your stash starts to seem obscene to you and you, yourself, cannot figure out how you’re going to knit all the projects you have yarn for!

So of course, I’m watching a few stash building (Rowan only) auctions on eBay. What can I say? It’s a sickness. I’m on a food diet, I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, allow me this one vice! What else is a girl supposed to do with her money? Save for her kid’s college education, pay off her debt, save for emergencies.... I KNOW ALREADY!

No comments: