my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, November 05, 2007

How do I turn this thing on again?

I think the blog has seen less action than my dishwasher lately. Actually, I know it has. We cooked all last week. The dishwasher's seen a lot of action since I last posted.

I didn't go away. Well, not literally. I did find myself in a deep dark place on Thursday night, but we've decided that I just need to take better care of myself. So, I joined a new 30-min circuit training place. (Ironic point, I haven't been to Curves in over a year and finally cancelled my membership two months ago.)

I've also tried to put my nose to the grindstone a bit more today and that's helped with work stress. Especially since I owned up to a mistake. Not surfing until lunchtime meant I could get a lot done.

We had a fun Halloween, although B and I have been fighting a lot lately. Nothing yesterday, but we've been averaging a big blowout once a day. Why is it I have such a hard time remembering that I'm the adult?
Hubby and I had a big fight on the way home from our hockey game date Friday night. This is what happens when you let the resentments and the bad feelings simmer. Sense the theme?

Knitting-wise, I've barely touched Hubby's sweater, have one nearly finished sock, and a completed hat and almost mitten. The hat and mitten are for a drive B's former teacher is having with her girl scout troop. B really likes the both pieces, even though they aren't orange.

I did get some fantastic news. My grandfather's lymph nodes were clear of cancer. So the colon cancer was contained to his colon and he's chomping at the bit to get back to his regular level of activity. He's been home for a week or so and we're all so very pleased.
I'm interested to see B's reaction tonight when I pick him up and it's already dark.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have those weeks, when all we seem to do is pick and pick and pick at each other.

Blow it out, then have make up sex. Always works for us. :)

Amy Lane said...

four year olds demand a lot of patience--they argue, they're willful, and sometimes they need a rosetta stone to interpret. If mom's didn't get mad at 4 year olds, they'd rule the freaking world.