my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

less knitting time = happier Netter?

It seems antithetical to me, that cutting down on my knitting time is going to improve my mood. But, we're going to try this working out and going to bed earlier thing. Last night was my first workout at the new "gym." I had forgotten how good moving makes you feel. I'm pretty sure I liked the equipment at Curves better, but being able to have dinner and put Billy to bed (earlier, but still following our same routine) was great. I always worried that working out after dinner would keep me up. I've had insomnia my whole life, but I went to bed at 10 and had been asleep when Hubby came up at 10 of eleven. I was a little sore this morning, just enough to remind me that I do, indeed, have muscles! So far, so good.
But, I didn't spend my usual 2+ hours knitting after B went to bed. So, only a sock toe for you today. I would have had time to do something else if I hadn't had to rip out the toe on the way home. When one is picking up stitches after screwing up after attempting to knit something for the first time without the pattern, one should really make sure she's split the sock evenly in half or the toe decreases ain't going to work. Still, it's a very pretty sock and I sincerely doubt sock two will take 5+ months. Especially since I've already cast on and can't wait to knit up a few repeats.
Goes without saying that sock one might be a wee short, but we'll know for sure after a warm bath and a little bit of a stretch and dry.
Hubby's going to the Devils/Rangers Knicks game tonight (free tickets through a colleague). I'm not sure if I'm going to knit on his sweater or sew up a little jacket for B. I do know that I'm not going to sit on my butt with a pint of ice cream!

No comments: