my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, November 30, 2007

Finally, Friday

So, Hubby's home with B this morning. When B first woke up, he said he'd poked his eye. It was goopy and pink and he wouldn't open it for a long time. So in the less than 30 minutes I had to make the decision, I decided to keep him home in case it's pink eye (which in the world of group daycare is as bad as gastrointestinal problems when it comes to forcing kids out). Since I had a conference call at 9 and an important appointment at 3, Hubby volunteered to take him to the doctor. Of course, now the eye's not looking so pink, but B has whomped Hubby on all the board games, watched Bob the Builder 8 times, and at last check in was playing drums along with Bruce and the E Street band. Doctor's appointment is at 2, so I'll know sometime later today if I pulled the trigger too quickly.
This is the first full day Hubby's been home alone with the kid. Even if I did overreact, I think it's probably going to work out well.
As for me, my conference call was with an impossible person, but my day's been improving. I'm going out for lunch with a colleague to catch up and my happy picots sock is moving along.
I have to admit I was a bit stumped. I decided to knit a heel flap and gusset, but didn't realize until I was done the flap that a gusset might be difficult to knit with the magic loop method. But, an additional loop's gotten the job done!

I should be working on the instep on the commute home tonight.

I'm having difficulties with Hubby's sweater. I thought I had finished the front last night and ripped out the neckline on the back, when I realized that I hadn't decreased enough on the front! Whoopsie. I'm going to see if the accidental front neckline will work. It'll be easier to adjust the back to fit than re-do the front!

Busy weekend, tomorrow, we're going to an indoor soccer game with the in-laws and B. Sunday, we're the family at church. Hubby's ushering and serving communion AND we're lighting the first candle on the advent wreath. Good thing we've got four wheel drive. We can't miss church Sunday if the "winter weather event" they've been hyping turns out to be worse than a coating.

No comments: