my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Thursday, October 25, 2007

sock update

I have now knit nearly one full repeat past the heel on the dragon sock. I know, it's exciting and special, I deserve a parade. Boy the colors look washed out in that photo.

In other news, I am now the proud owner of my first skein of SOTR. Yes, unashamed stasher that I am, I had never purchased a skein that rocked. Fortunately for me, Valleygrrl e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago asking if I still had some ASC in Orkney. (She'd found B's Kate in my archives so she knew I'd used it in the past.) She offered to buy/swap, but since I was never going to use what I had left (really, none of us looks good in yellow), I offered to send it to her gratis. In her grattitude, she sent me a skein of SOTR in foo foo. I'm tres bad blogger because it arrived in the mail on Monday and I only photographed it today. It's been sitting on my dining room table all week, being adored. It's going to become the second pair of socks I cast on once Dragons are done. (The first being my Harlot duplicating pair of monkeys.)

It's a shame lunch hour is over. I just activated my Ravelry account. There's nothing there, but I can be found as NetterKnitter (must find who used my nickname first). One question about ravelry, do I give up my job or a family member so I can fully enjoy it?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hurray! One day I too will own a skein of Socks that Rock, but at the moment it's about $40+ for one! Yuk!

Amy Lane said...

huzzah--that is one ROCKIN' color...(I have a skein in Monsoon--also a rockin' color:-) I love the dragon sock...seriously--dragon scales is an AWESOME PATTERN!!!