my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

forget blue socks, I need some ORANGE

I just couldn't resist any longer. I don't know if you read Crazy Aunt Purl, but on Friday she posted a pumpkin beanie pattern. I thought about that pattern a lot all weekend. Part of my pondering was wondering if I had anything appropriate in stash, not really. So, yesterday at lunch, after I couldn't resist the siren call of the pumpkin beanie, I went to Purl and bought some yarn and needles (I'm sure I had the appropriate needles at home, but you know when you just HAVE to cast on?). I spent the last 15 minutes of my lunch hour hand winding 220 yards of Cascade Heathers into a luscious orange ball and cast on on the subway home. This is where I've gotten. I wasn't sure if the hat was to be mine or B's, but it seems like it's going to fit the kid better. Tonight, I should have it done. Then I need to find my leftover green worsted for the stem.

For me, I'm going to knit a hallowig with the leftovers. Some of the kids at B's daycare didn't liek my witch hat last year, let's see how they like ORANGE hair!

I thought I'd give you a close-up of my stitch marker. Appropriate, n'est ce pas?

1 comment:

Amy Lane said...

Gorgeous! Sometimes orange just makes you happy...