my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Monday, April 11, 2005

I have returned from migraine hell

I felt fine Wednesday morning. Until I had been in a training session for about an hour. Then my hands went numb, then my lips, once I couldn't see the trainer's whole face when looking right at him I knew I was in trouble. I couldn't walk down a flight of stairs. I overshot my floor, actually. It was the worse migraine I ever had. I didn't know what was going on. Hubby to me to the doctor and he gave me pills. They made my stomach worse, but I guess the helped the pain. I think it may have been too late, though. I was fine Thursday, just stayed home to rest. Then it was back at 5 pm. Early bed time for all that night! The Friday and Saturday I was fine, but woke up with another yesterday morning. (Not a good sign when you're whole arm is numb.) But it was gone by dinner time. (Fortunately, Hubby took Billy to church and his mom's so I could rest.) I've been okay most of today, but I'm also popping decongestants and Advil every four hours. Doc thinks my sinuses might be triggering the migraines. I've never had three so close together or three so virulent. I lost 4 pounds though. It's been crazy trying to get back into the swing of things. I had 14 voicemails and over 100 e-mails to wade through.

I spent all that time at home and didn't get much knitting done. Mainly because you can't knit when your head feels like that and I had Billy home with me Thursday and Friday (he's getting over his own thing).

I'm most pissed about missing Lost last week. Don't tell me. One of my colleagues can get it for me. He told me not to read anything about the episode.

Well, still have a few more e-mails to weed through.

1 comment:

Dropstitchknitter said...

Sorry you had such a bad bout! I get them too, usually hormonally induced and I do take meds for it. I haven't ever had one that bad tho. You must have been scared! They do trigger my sinuses and vice versa. Suckity, very suckity!