my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Hubby is going to be MAD!

I stashed again. I actually won an eBay auction for my second non-Zeal 10 pack of Calmer. Onyx baby. I think I may have to knit an Air for myself. (Correction, I don't already have a pack of Zeal Calmer. It's Joy from before Zeal. It's a bit less vibrant than Zeal.) He got really made when he saw the entry for my Sour Calmer in the checkbook. He then apologized because he spends money, too. But he did encourage me to FINISH some projects already.

I made nearly 4 swatches to get gauge on my NBaT. I did 8s on Friday, way too tight. I tried 9s on Saturday, still off. Sunday was 10s and when I measured it this morning it seemed slightly too small. I started one with 10.5s, seemed way too loose (I mean got to find the right shade of purple for a new bra and maybe a purple camisole, got to hide those baby stretch marks). So I checked the 10 again and I think I can make it work. I'll be casting on this afternoon going home.

Yes, I haven't been knitting much. I spend most of my time on the weekends with Billy. And yesterday was rough. I over-indulged at Sunday's Yankee opener. Too many Bass and too little food. Yes, I am over 30, thanks for asking.

Tonight, we have a little celebration for Molly's 3rd birthday (which was yesterday). Hubby or I will go to Dairy Queen for treats for us (after Billy goes to bed, we want to keep his sweets to a minimum) and Molly gets her own Doggy Ice Cream.

No comments: