my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Oops, I stashed again, AGAIN!

This time it really is an oops. I completely forgot I had the leading bid in on this Phildar yarn until I got into work this morning and saw that I had won it. Fortunately, it’s in my favorite spicy-earth tones. It’s true stash yarn. Got no idea what I’m going to do with it! I like it lots, though.

I must stop buying things, though. (Can I overuse though a bit more?) For many more reasons than I care to enumerate. However first and foremost, I need a new PC at home. I tried to log into our on-line time clocks to approve last week’s timesheets and it just wasn’t happening. I think the hubby may have inadvertently downloaded some spyware (which I’ve also managed to do to the work laptop). It’s a ridiculously old PC anyway. The last straw was when I couldn’t read through my bloglines last night (after I gave up on the timesheets). Gee. It’s useless to me if I can’t keep up with the blogs!

I'm well into the armscye (is it an armscye if there is no sleeve?) of the f-i-l sweater-vest. Disturbingly, this super-fast to knit and cuddly soft yarn is hurting my hands as I knit with it. The fingers of my left hand get really sore and my thumb was killing me Sunday night after 2 hours of knitting in the car. I hope I can get over it. I love my Aran and DK weight yarns, but please. A girl has to have some fast knits in adult sizes! Especially this girl with so much yarn stashed for herself!

In non-knitting news, Billy will be having surgery next week. Monday morning at 8:30, he gets the tubes in the ears. At his age, there aren't many non-surgical interventions for chronic ear infections and fluid that just won't go away. I just read today that leaving the fluid in the ears may not affect language and speech development, but who wants to risk it? The ironic thing is that besides being in a large group daycare situation, we did everything right and he still got the ear infections.

Um, yeah. I'm sure there are tons of other things I could talk about. But I'm at a loss. I have to go put in for time off from work.


No comments: