my life as a crocheter & knitter & working mom

Friday, November 19, 2004

don't you love mommy any more? she'll give you yarn

Hubby complimented me on the speed with which I finished the toque. It’s been done for a while; guess he just noticed. He doesn’t see me knit so he can’t really keep track of what I’m working on. Now, all I need to do is send the mittens and hat to my dad!

More stashquisition. I couldn’t leave the Juicy Kid Classic on eBay. I’m going to make Fern from Rowan 36 for myself. It’s orange; who else is going to want orange yarn?

It really needs to be the last stashquisition for a while. I have so many projects lined up. I really need to organize the stash and get it in one place. Then, I’ll see how much yarn I truly have and realize I don’t need more! Of course, as all stashaholics know, it’s not about need; it’s all about want!

Air is moving along swimmingly. As planned, I finished the right front last night on the way home. I also cast-on for the second sleeve on the bus. I’m halfway through the first set of increases (7 sets of every 8th row). My goal is to have the sleeve done this weekend so I can start seaming and finishing in the car on the way to SC Tuesday.

You know what’s heart-breaking? My son has interests other than me. It used to be he’d always prefer having mommy pick him up to anything. Now, when I bend over to pick him up, he doesn’t automatically put his arms up to me. Sometimes, he even tries to crawl away! It won’t be long and he’ll be going off to college.

No comments: